[FFmpeg-user] In and out-range Scale option able to correct 0-255 video to 0-235?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue May 19 23:06:05 CEST 2015

Christoph Gerstbauer <christoph.gerstbauer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> C:\Windows\System32>ffmpeg -i
> C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\big_buck_bunny_ffvhuff.avi -vf
> "scale=in_range=full:out_range=tv" -vcodec ffvhuff

It seems to me that the scale filter is so smart
that it doesn't scale if the input and output
resolution and input and output colourspace
are identical.

Even worse, both the filter and the software
scaler are smart enough to skip actual scaling,
so fixing the issue in the scale filter is not
sufficient...

I am not 100% sure if this is a bug, but it
seems so;-)

(Please try to understand that I had no idea
what you are talking about until seeing your
- imo sensible - command line.)

I hope you mean "to correct 0-255 to 16-235".

Carl Eugen