[FFmpeg-user] should I be opening a feature request ?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri May 22 14:08:02 CEST 2015

Hi L.,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 13:04:33 +0200, lorenzo angeli wrote:
> Hi, I popped over this feature request :
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1949#comment:12
>
> which is about showing the current frame.
> I've checked around and it seems there's no way to format it though.
> (eg : 0010 rather than 10.000000)

Did you read the filter's documentation?

There is some way of formatting it: expr_int_format. E.g.
  "drawtext=text=Frame number %{expr_int_format\\\:n+1\\\:d\\\:4}"

It doesn't take "%04d" or the likes though, but it comes very close.

> Should I be creating a new feature request, or re opening that ticket ?

If in doubt, always open a new ticket. In this case, no need for
either.

Moritz