[FFmpeg-user] embedding subtitles missing features when apply fonts?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon May 25 21:16:35 CEST 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015 10:35:50 -0700
jamie <chocolate.elvis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, You have to use the Advanced Substation format (*.ass) to control the
> look to that level - can't be done with just an (.srt) to the best of my
> knowledge with the current version of ffmpeg.

I believe SRT will allow you to set the text color.

However, the questions here are:

* Does MP4 "streaming text format" or 3GPP TS 26.245 Timed Text allow
  any formatting?

* If it is supported, does ffmpeg implement it?

* If yes, does the user's player support it?

I don't know the answer to any of these questions.

Also, please avoid top-posing on this mailing list.