[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe with inputs without extensions

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu May 28 12:16:43 CEST 2015

Clément Champetier <cnt <at> mikrosimage.eu> writes:

> But ffprobe raised an error when I try the same
> operation on an image (named 456):
> *ffprobe 456*
>
> *456: Invalid data found when processing input*

Please provide the command line together with the
complete, uncut console output. Do not cut away
the parts of the console output that you consider
unimportant (the reason that the output is there
is that we believe it is not only very important
but actually inevitable for any bug report or
user question).

And as always: Don't forget to test current
FFmpeg git head before reporting any issue.

Carl Eugen