[FFmpeg-user] Audio Tapes - How to restore audio quality

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Sat May 30 12:37:34 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 4:57 AM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Audacity???
>
> I have never been able to make audacity improve
> the signal to noise ratio, nor eliminate clicks and pops.
>
> How do you do that?

Depending on the kind of noise you have and if you have enough isolated
noise to generate a good noise profile Audacity does help in some cases but
it's not exactly a cutting edge noise reducer comparable to commercial
tools like Adobe Audition but this is a bit OT here. But I seriously doubt
it will do anything about clicks and pops.