[FFmpeg-user] expression in drawtext / text

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sat Nov 14 19:28:30 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm making a timelapse video from many JPG pictures, and I'd like to use
drawtext to print the time in each picture. Let's assume the pictures
were taken with 5 seconds interval.  The following command works almost
as expected and prints the seconds modulo 60:

text=%%{e\:mod(5*n,60)}

The double "%%" is only required because this is in a Windows batch file.

My questions:

1. How can I avoid that the number is printed as floating point? I want
only an integer.

2. How can I print some text before or after the number?

3. Is it possible to use the time from the exif data of the JPG pictures?

Thanks,
Michael