[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg screencapture from a virtual xserver larger than the physical screen

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Nov 22 19:48:46 CET 2015

Le decadi 30 brumaire, an CCXXIV, Zenny a écrit :
> It worked, but compared to xpra,
> 1. the output is interaction lagged and,
> 2.  piped output only covers only 1/4th of the screen until in Slideshow mode.

For the second issue, you need to scale the video before displaying it,
otherwise you will hit the limits of the real X11 server.

For the first issue, this is not entirely surprising. Your task seem highly
unusual, and I think you are already lucky that existing tools can come near
realizing it with "just" performances issues. I am sorry I can not help you
more.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George