[FFmpeg-user] encrypted red files R3D

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 9 19:45:49 CEST 2015

On Friday 09 October 2015 05:04:35 pm Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
> Friends,
>
> It is my understanding that ffmpeg could once upon a time
> work with red camera files.[ fl.R3D ]

Only old files are "supported" but only raw Bayer data can be
outputted, the used colour space was never supported afaict.
(Or are there B/W cameras?)
Version 3 of the files is supported, version 4 is not.

Your issue is not the encryption (if there is one), at least
if there is software that can display the files on your
system, but that FFmpeg does not support the colour space
used by r3d cameras.

I am not saying anything would be particular difficult to
implement just that it hasn't been done.

Carl Eugen