[FFmpeg-user] Error during installation of ffmpeg

Jogh 163jogh at 163.com
Sat Oct 10 11:47:50 CEST 2015

It's an old mail. Not sure somebody has made the point. Hope not to make mess.

Hi Carlo,
You can try to change your MSYS/MINGW env. “$MSYSTEM" from "MINGW64" to "MINGW32".
Since currently the configure file in ffmpeg don't support mingw other than mingw32.
``` slice in ffmpeg/configure
exesuf() {
    case $1 in
        mingw32*|win32|win64|cygwin*|*-dos|freedos|opendos|os/2*|symbian) echo .exe ;;
    esac
}
```
I just come across to the same problem recently by change "$MSYSTEM" in "msys.bat" from "MINGW32" to "MINGW64".
I made this modification for distinguishing the mingw64 and mingw32 that both installed on my system (the 2 mingw has their own independent msys copy).