[FFmpeg-user] HEVC decoding of first frame

Christian Herglotz christian.herglotz at fau.de
Fri Oct 16 12:23:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

a) I know that there is some overhead. So I also tested this for
sequences with different resolutions where I could observe the same
behavior:

Mean decoding times for      FFmpeg        HM
     460*240 1 I-frame:             0.15s            0.18s
     460*240 2 I-frames:            0.23s            0.36s
     1920*1080 1 I-frame:         2.26s            2.89s
     1920*1080 2 I-frames:       3.43s            5.8s
     2560*1600 1 I-frame:         4.25s            5.46s
     2560*1600 2 I-frames:       6.43s            11s

A constant offset would not scale like this. Furthermore, I'm giving the
corresponding decoding times for the HM-software as a reference where
obviously the decoding time doubles for all cases.

b) The bit streams I am talking about are all-intra coded.

Thanks for your help!
Grüße zurück aus Franken!
Christian