[FFmpeg-user] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream

MrNice wxcvbn2006 at iol.ie
Sat Oct 24 10:14:21 CEST 2015

> More tests
>
> I did 12 tests with the CL
>
> ./ffmpeg -debug 1 -f v4l2 -ts mono2abs -channel 1 -video_size 720x576
> -pix_fmt yuyv422 -thread_queue_size 512 -i /dev/video0 -c:v ffv1 -level
> 3 -g 1 -aspect 4:3 -pix_fmt yuv422p /Store3/Test/t_`date
> +%Y%m%d_%H%M`.mkv -aspect 4:3 -f sdl "Dazzle output"
>
> I always get the same pattern:
> One first red error message
> Few seconds correct
> Around 60 yellow warning messages
> Few seconds correct, a bit longer than the previous
> A second red error message
>
> I wrote down:
> 1- The value at the end of the first red error message
> Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer
> in stream 0: xxx >= xxx
>
> 2 & 3- The offset and the pts at the message
> Starting new cluster at offset xxxxxxxx bytes, pts xxxxx
> just after the first yellow warning message
> Past duration 0.xxx too large
>
> 4- The value at the end of the second red error message
> Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer
> in stream 0: xxx >= xxx
>

> Test|First error|Too large @bytes|Too large @pts|Second error
>   |  1  |     2    |    3  |  4
> 1 | 192 | 51808270 | 10760 | 570
> 2 | 183 | 50130991 | 10400 | 561
> 3 | 219 | 56954209 | 11800 | 597
> 4 | 192 | 51911648 | 10760 | 570
> 5 | 161 | 45894575 | 9520  | 539
> 6 | 204 | 54028812 | 11200 | 582
> 7 | 213 | 55996679 | 11600 | 591
> 8 | 176 | 48726442 | 10080 | 554
> 9 | 197 | 52595957 | 10920 | 575
> 10| 224 | 58047439 | 12000 | 602
> 11| 179 | 19117311 | 10200 | 557
> 12| 223 | 58023111 | 12000 | 601
>

> If you subtract the value of the 1st error to the value of the 2nd error
> you always get 378.
> All the values are proportional and start around the same time.
> This is not a random error but a predictable error => bug.
>
> Hope this will help

Hi,

I did the same test/CL with the last update.
Same issue, same drops.
I am waiting for an answer in the ffmpeg-trac, 5 weeks pass and no news.
Please, cehoyos / Carl Eugen, could you tell me; Did you come to a
conclusion regarding this bug?
Without any info, I don't know if I should wait or find another way.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4869

Thanks