[FFmpeg-user] Converting a 23.98p source to 29.97i ProRes w/interlaced 3:2 pulldown?

Mel Matsuoka melmatsuoka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:21:38 CET 2015

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 4:25 AM, Marcelo Boufleur <mboufleur at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I'm no sure about the color primaries command though. It seems experimental
> at this point.
> https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.8/movenc_8c_source.html <https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.8/movenc_8c_source.html>
>
>>    { "write_colr", "Write colr atom (Experimental, may be renamed or
>> changed, do not use from scripts)",

I did see this, and the warning of possible deprecation in the future concerns me, but this seems to be the only way I've found to force proper 709 color in HD ProRes files generated by FFmpeg. Without these flags, the encoded ProRes file displays with a significant color shift, as the ProRes encoder seems to incorrectly tag the file as having 601 matrix by default.