[FFmpeg-user] decoding jpeg2000 problem

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:59:32 CET 2015

Hi,
Resurrecting semi-old thread. Hope it's OK.

I've been struggling a long time to get the best possible conversion from
DCinema with ffmpeg. No matter what I try I always get weird color
artifacts at low levels, which I can best describe as "posterization".
I know it must be possible because a commercial software (easyDCP) exports
ProRes files which are fine.

I'd like to help in determining where exactly the problem lies, if it's the
JPEG2000 decoder, the color conversion matrix, bit depth reduction or
whatever, but I don't have the knowledge about the innards of ffmpeg to be
able to determine that.
Let me know if I can produce test patterns or run specific commands to
visualize the problem or narrow down the possible cause.
Thank you!!
PS: you can see command line and console output earlier in this thread.