[FFmpeg-user] Compile FFmpeg with AAC support for windows

Ricardo Gonçalves ricardo.goncalves at appgeneration.com
Thu Sep 3 12:10:52 CEST 2015

Well I do care about distribution but only as a decoder.

For FAAC the configuration failed because of the host option and now I'm
having the same issue with libfdk.
In the case of fdk-aac I am able to compile, however I need to generate lib
files (to be used with MS VS linker). I've been searching the internet but
so far I haven't found any solutions.
I'm using the following command for libfdk:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/fdk-aac --build=x86_64-pc-msys
--enable-shared (and a similar to FAAC)

Some links for reference that I found were:
http://taer-naguur.blogspot.pt/2013/09/compiling-x64x86-ffmpeg-with-fdk-aac-lib-on-64bit-windows-how-to.html
http://www.helyar.net/2014/compile-ffmpeg-64-bit-on-windows-with-msysmingw-w64/

What am I missing?
Thank you