[FFmpeg-user] ffplay 2.8: "Error initializing an internal MFX session" when using h264_qsv decoder (with -report)

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:11:01 CEST 2015

	I'm trying to use h264_qsv decoder with ffplay 2.8 and my Core
i7 2700k and I get "Error initializing an internal MFX session".

	I attached the complete output of -report.

	I'm afraid mfx_dispatch only works with 3rd generation Intel
processors and above, right?

	Here's the output of vainfo:

libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/xorg/lib64/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.38 (libva 1.6.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Sandybridge Desktop - 1.6.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc

	***

	I can play the same H264 video using gst-play from Gstreamer using hardware
acceleration.

	Thanks.

--
Linux 4.2.0: Hurr durr I'ma sheep