[FFmpeg-user] Failing to build ffmpeg with ffplay support

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Fri Sep 11 15:28:03 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:
>
> > Ist Version 2.0 of SDL not supported
>
> It is not supported iirc.

thanks for the info. it seems libsdl1.2.x no longer compiles on OSX.

In file included from ./src/video/quartz/SDL_QuartzEvents.m:24:
./src/video/quartz/SDL_QuartzVideo.h:94:5: error: unknown type name
      'CGDirectPaletteRef'

This seems to be the case from OS 10.9 on (
http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/rev/e9466ead70e5).

Even fixing that by the described hack, there seem to be further errors. It
may be that ffplay for OSX is currently not available. Maybe I am missing
something and a fellow OSX ffmpeg user can enlighten me.