[FFmpeg-user] VDR recording - dvd subtitle track not decoded

Richard F lists at keynet-technology.com
Tue Sep 15 19:10:44 CEST 2015

On 15/09/2015 17:42, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> When old vdr recorded from satellite (into a program
> stream for which dvbsub are most likely not defined)
> why (or better:) how would the dvbsubs that were
> transmitted suddenly become dvdsubs?
I'm obviously not the author of vdr, so I can't tell you why subs became
"dvd"
Maybe dvb subs weren't fully defined at the time ?
> My main question is: Why was this only reported now?
> Is it necessary to force (old) vdr to produce such
> broken streams?
First time I'm trying to process recordings like this !

VDR 1.6 remains current in some repos (SLES for example), was current in
last OpenSuse (13.1)
Was current in Fedora until 2012, so not completely ancient.

There is no config to make it produce a stream with subs, it records all
the broadcast streams like this.
> I created ticket #4855.
BTW I don't believe streams are broken - all recordings are like this

Thanks