[FFmpeg-user] max bitrate for vob

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:11:08 CEST 2015

Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 05:38:30 +0800, Rick C. wrote:
>> Output #0, dvd, to '/Users/mahalko/Desktop/output.vob':
> [...]
>> Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 0 channels, 128 kb/s
>
> And I'm not sure I understand the concept of zero channel audio
> streams. ;-)

There are valid uses in wav at least though ffmpeg doesn't like them.

The case I am thinking of is ambisonic formats where 0 channels
indicates not for speakers (I beleive DTS and MPEH-H can also handle this).

Mplayers demuxer will "play" such wavs but -demuxer lavf gets confused.
When I say play I really mean decode and use -ao jack, where the outputs
of mplayer then become the inputs of something like ambdec, jconvolver
or ambix.