[FFmpeg-user] max bitrate for vob

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:30:51 CEST 2015

Moritz Barsnick wrote:
>>> And I'm not sure I understand the concept of zero channel audio
>>> streams. ;-)
>> There are valid uses in wav at least though ffmpeg doesn't like
>> them.
>
> Actually, I think the output "ac3, 0 channels" is an artifact of the
> failure before. If you fix the bitrate, so that the encoder no
> longer errors out, stream 0:1 sees the one (mono) channel.

Yes, there is clearly something wrong there I was replying generally to
the concept of zero channel audio streams.

Of course lpcm is not AFAIK supported for encoding dvds with ffmpeg, so
there is another issue users may hit, though I have no idea if the fact
the source is lpcm affects anything in this case.