[FFmpeg-user] Can FFMPEG output as a directshow device viewable by other windows applications ?

Jeffrey Suckow jeffsuckow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:39:19 CEST 2015

I am grabbing an interlace video signal (1080i) with a video capture card
compatible Directshow (Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k).

The video signal is then picked up by a machine vision software.

The interlace signal is causing problems. I would like to use FFMPEG to
deinterlace the signal on the fly and output as a directshow stream that
can be pickup by the machine vision software (like if it was a webcam).

Is this possible ?

Thanks.
Jeff