[FFmpeg-user] showvolume filter

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Apr 2 14:43:56 CEST 2016

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 22:06:41 +1100, Nisar Ahmed wrote:
> I am trying to overlay volume bars over my mpegts output but unable to
> figure out the command. Can someone guide me on how to add volume bars as
> an overlay to video output in ffmpeg

I was wondering, when your first mail came, what you mean. Could you
elaborate what you mean with audio bars? Something like ffmpeg's
showvolume filter?

I can't find an example image of showvolume on the net, but you can try
it for yourself with ffplay:
$ ffplay -f lavfi -i 'amovie=multimediafile.ts,showvolume'

If so, we can show you how to overlay this onto the video stream.

Moritz