[FFmpeg-user] ffserver audio livestream "Could not open output feed file '/tmp/inputAudio.ffm'"

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 20:49:10 CEST 2016

Hi Matt,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 21:37:40 +1000, Matt Flax wrote:
> I get :
> Could not open output feed file '/tmp/inputAudio.ffm'

Unfortunately, ffserver fails to provide a reason. (I'll see if I can
provide a fix for that.)

My guess is: That file already exists, but was created by a different
user.

> /tmp is mounted with the following options :
> tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime)

And probably has the sticky directory bit (I think that's what it's
called set:
drwxrwxrwt
         ^

Try to see whether there's already a /tmp/inputAudio.ffm there, and try
to erase it.

Moritz