[FFmpeg-user] compile ffmpeg without mp3 support

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 00:23:54 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 00:15:41 +0200, habib wrote:
> I have been trying last week to compile mplayer with "--disable-mpg123
> -- disable-mad" without success because mplayer invoke ffmp3float
> (please see here after --> mplayer "tells" me the track require a
> certain mpg123 decoder which is not available because mplayer was not
> compiled with and surprisingly replace it by a ffmp3float decoder !! )

Not surprisingly. You disabled mpg123 support, which is a certain
implementation mplayer uses. You didn't disable ffmpeg's support for
mp3. (Which is what you're asking I guess.)

You are deep into mplayer territory here, and this is not really the
right list for that. Though the question remains: How to configure the
ffmpeg libraries/source included with mplayer when building said
program?

(Anyway, I thought you only had vorbis files? ;-))

Moritz