[FFmpeg-user] libtheora, libmp3lame, vidstab, libvorbis, and libxvid not found on OS X

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:06:33 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Rodrigo Polo <rodrigo.polo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It works and compiles, but I though maybe someone could fix/update the
> instructions in this guide:
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MacOSX#CompilingFFmpegyourself
>
> Apparently I misunderstood.  It was my impression that you were seeking
help installing ffmpeg,
and incidentally noting that the instructions on the wiki did not work.  As
I now understand,
you are able to install it just fine, and you just want the wiki fixed.

If I understand correctly, the wiki is a community effort.  I've not tried
it, but it looks like
anyone can create a login and go in and start editing.  So it sounds like
you can fix it yourself.

By the way, I never said I didn't want to take time to read your messages.
I said I didn't want to
go through and execute all the wiki instructions as a way to help you
troubleshoot and confirm
that the wiki is wrong.  I didn't use the wiki to figure out how to
install, so am not too
concerned with what that page says.  But maybe I'll have a look at some
point.