[FFmpeg-user] libtheora, libmp3lame, vidstab, libvorbis, and libxvid not found on OS X

looxonline looxonline at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:13:17 CEST 2016

Rodrigo Polo wrote
> Hi, I follow the guide you have here to compile FFmpeg on OS X:
>
> I use the following command to configure:
> ./configure \
> --prefix=/usr/local \
> --enable-gpl \
> --enable-nonfree \
> --enable-libass \
> --enable-libfdk-aac \
> --enable-libfreetype \
> --enable-libopus \
> --enable-libvpx \
> --enable-libx264 \
> --enable-libx265 \
> --enable-libmp3lame \
> --enable-libtheora \
> --enable-libvidstab \
> --enable-libvorbis \
> --enable-libxvid
>
> the following errors:
>
> --enable-libmp3lame \
> --enable-libtheora \
> --enable-libvidstab \
> --enable-libvorbis \
> --enable-libxvid
>
> ERROR: libtheora not found
> ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found
> ERROR: vidstab not found using pkg-config
> ERROR: libvorbis not found
> ERROR: libxvid not found
>
> What could be the problem?

I just complied it on osX yesterday and struggled with the same issue. I
solved it by adding CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/ and LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ into the
config string. Even though autoconf should look there for the include and
library files for those plugins it does not.

Also make sure that you have disabled system integrity protection before you
install any of the dependencies using home-brew. Just google "disable SIP OS
X".