[FFmpeg-user] new error

juan carlos Rebate nerus492 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:09:28 EEST 2016

> Hi,
>
> Subject "new error" is a rather ambiguous title. You really should
> make that more specific. How are people supposed to know what this is
> about when browsing the mailing archive?
>
> 09.08.2016 19:47 juan carlos Rebate:
> > New error found, according to the documentation to indicate the mime
> > type should
> > be done this way
> > ffmpeg -i video.avi mime_type video/mp4 -listen 1 http://ip:80
>
> I doubt that the documentation says that. Where?
> Syntax is important. Options start with a -. And key/value pairs must
> be connected by an = sign.
>
> > I want to use flash, the command ffmpeg -help muxer=swf He tells me that
> the
> > mime type of flash is application/x-shockwave-flash
> > Error setting option mime_type to value application/x-shockwave-flash..
> > http://192.168.1.41:80: Invalid argument
>
> Could you possibly tell us the exact command and error? I, for one,
> don't know what is what here.
>
> > in a forum someone uses -metadata thus should look like
> > ffmpeg -i video.avi -metadata mime_type application/x-shockwave-flash.
>
> What is that '.' doing there at the end? That's an error right there.
> And there is an '=' missing.
>
> $ ffmpeg -i video.avi -metadata mime_type=application/x-shockwave-flash
> output.swf
>
> > -listen 1 http://ip:80 but error Unable to find a suitable output
> > format
> > for 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
> > application/x-shockwave-flash: Invalid argument,
>
> That's because of your sloppy syntax ffmpeg mistakes
> application/x-shockwave-flash as an output file path.
>
> > with this error message I understand that the approach of the
> documentation is
> > not correct, and that the -metadata option is the right, also I
> understand
> > that the information the mimetype is not correct
>
> You understood it wrong.
>
> > Could someone give me the correct information?
>
> Once you understand the documentation there is no need. If you have
> questions, phrase them, so people understand. And provide the full
> output of your commands (without the status line, -nostats). Also,
> you should read it first! Most often the messages are quite clear.
>
> And if you reply by quoting everything, again, I am done responding!
> Have a look at this mail and get an idea what inline reply means and
> how to cut the quotation to the relevant part you are responding to.
>

> Peter

in the documentation does not indicate that put the = sign anywhere
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-protocols.html#http
if I have mistakes it is because of the documentation that is erroneous
for example a few days ago I sent an email to question because the bit rate is
never as requested program
also always have the absurd phrase to ask me the full output without cuts, but
the system sends me an email telling me back that do not send emails as
lasrgos, people say that I am who explained bad, but not true, I've seen
that they help people worse than I that follows no rules
the community does not bother want to understand my mistakes (caused by
erroneous documentation)