[FFmpeg-user] Stream Channel With Subtitle

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:44:58 EEST 2016

Hi!

> Hellothis results and the full command in the file attachment

> after i upgrade the ffmpeg please check it

Please remember to test current FFmpeg git head before asking questions on
this mailing list, it is the only version supported here (for
questions like yours).

> ffmpeg -scodec text -txt_page -txt_format -i

I had to stop here because three (imo too obvious) faults are too much:
Nobody told you to use "-scodec text" as input option for teletext. The reason
it was not told you was not that it is unneeded but because it is wrong.
You may have to provide -scodec text as argument for the output stream, I
don't know atm if it would be selected automatically (it probably should).
The option -txt_page needs an argument (would you say that this is surprising?),
I could manually test your stream to find out on which teletext page you have to
provide but I would prefer if you find out yourself.
I believe I (and Moritz) already told you which argument is needed for
-txt_format.
This may be considered a bug but it seems too minor to be taken care of.

I am assuming here that you know what teletext is and how it works (in an
abstract, user-oriented sense). I also assume that you have an idea about the
map option and about text subtitles in flv. If you have no idea about
teletext and
text subtitles (in flv) then all this is difficult to understand but
please understand
that this would not be FFmpeg-related.
As Carlos never stops to mention, FFmpeg is often difficult to use but
this is (also)
related to the general topic, at least imo.

If you want further support from me, please find out what "top-posting" means,
and avoid it from now on.
(If you don't want my help, you don't have to spend time on finding out about
"top-posting" and you don't have to avoid it, you will not be banned
because of it.)

Carl Eugen