[FFmpeg-user] Extracting frames from Apple ProRes File

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Aug 18 17:09:16 EEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:47:18 +0530, s00b4u 4u wrote:
> I want to see all the frames in this file.
[...]
> *ffmpeg -i filename.mov -r 1/1 $Frame%03d.bmp*

By doing this, you will not see all the frames of a 25 fps video. On
the contrary: You are telling ffmpeg to output only one frame per
second of input.

You should omit "-r".

If you do something else in a filter chain to add or drop frames, and
still want each and every one of the resulting frames to be extracted
(regardless of timestamps, gaps, VFR, output framerate), you would use
"-vsync 0".

Moritz