[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFMPEG 2.8.7 fails testing

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:56:24 EEST 2016

Hi!

> I know that this group only applies to latest gits, but I'm not ready to use
> FFMPEG v3, and so am using the last version of 2, and searching for this
> error didn't find anything useful, so I hope you can help ...

There are three possibilities:

There is a bug in 2.8 that was fixed meanwhile.
If you test current git head, you will immediately find out and be
able to fix your issue.
(No effort for me.)

The bug you found still exists.
In this case, I will try to reproduce, meaning I have to find an arm
system, find out
which of your compilation option triggers the issue, etc,
(A major effort for me.)

There is a compiler bug.
This situation is more difficult;-(
Please make sure you are neither using an old, nor a compiler with a low
micro version number.

What I am trying to say is: Of course it is easier for me if you do
not test current
git head, but for FFmpeg users in general (and you), it may make more sense
if you'd test it.

[...]

> ./configure --prefix=/opt/share  --enable-libx264 --enable-small
> --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-debug --disable-runtime-cpudetect
> --disable-doc --disable-armv6 --disable-armv6t2 --disable-neon --disable-vfp
> --disable-vfpv3

I suspect --disable-runtime-cpudetect is never useful.
Are you really using FFmpeg on arm hardware without neon support?

[...]

> 4)      make check

This is not the suggested method to test FFmpeg (I sincerely hope it is not
mentioned somewhere in the documentation), "make fate" is.

To continue tests after a failure, use "make -k fate" (not FFmpeg-related).

Carl Eugen