[FFmpeg-user] custom call

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:35:37 EEST 2016

Hi,

On 29 Aug 2016 8:22 p.m., <oscar at medinasgroup.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am not a tech savvy person only a logical one!
>
> The value at the end, represents 5 minutes?

The value at the end showed the duration in seconds. In my test video,it
was between 8 and 9 seconds. In your software, it sounds like you have rule
that says:
If filesize is  less than 550 megs, then it will be uploaded.

You need to add a rule that says:
If duration of file is less than 300 seconds, then the file will be
uploaded.
The ffmpeg command I sent will give you that duration. It's up to you how
you use it. Perhaps you could ask for more detailed support with 'cumulus',
specifically:  ' I now have an ffmpeg command that gives me the duration in
seconds, so how do I set a filesize rule?' The answer to that question is
for 'Cumulus', not the ffmpeg support list.

I hope that you'll get the answer to your question, because then you'll
probably be able to enhance the functionality of your tools in other ways
by utilising ffmpeg.