[FFmpeg-user] continuous live stream from video files

Anthony Ettinger anthony at chovy.com
Fri Dec 2 09:22:14 EET 2016

I found the concatenate option with ffmpeg as described here:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate#protocol

I can concatenate static files if I know the list ahead of time and produce
an m3u8 stream as output with this:

        ffmpeg -i 'concat:intermediate1.ts|intermediate2.ts' -c copy
test.m3u8

The problem I'm trying to solve is I want to be able to add files
dynamically to the list and I also want the stream to run 24/7 continuously
looping when it reaches last file in the list.

Is this doable with ffmpeg and some bash?

--
Anthony Ettinger
http://anthony.ettinger.name
anthony at ettinger.name