[FFmpeg-user] fault-tolerant streaming and local saving at the same time

Daniel Tisch tisch.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:13:20 EET 2016

> > ffmpeg -i some_source -acodec pcm_u16le -vcodec yuv4 -f mpegts
>
> This command line cannot work:
> You cannot put random data into mpegts.

Ok, now I see that mpegts container does not support these raw codecs
(however ffmpeg does not print a warning about that).
Then I have 2 options to achieve my goal, right?
1) Choose some (preferably lossless) codec to use in mpegts instead of raw
data.
2) Choose some other muxer instead of mpegts.

Do you have a recommendation for the codecs/muxer?

> > ffmpeg version 2.8.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg
>
> Please understand that only current FFmpeg git head is supported
> here.

Thanks for noting this, now I am using that.

Daniel