[FFmpeg-user] Generate/Playback Interlaced (1080i) video with lavfi.

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:31:48 EET 2016

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to generate some smtpebars with a script, and it works fine for 1080p video.
> However, I’ve tried numerous combinations for generating 1080i video using the
> –vf tinterlace filter.

How do you expect to see the difference between interlaced and
progressive smtpebars?

I believe the tinterlace filter works fine but without horizontal
movement you will not be
able to see a difference.

Note that the following should simplify your command line:
$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i filter1,filter2, ..., filtern

Carl Eugen