[FFmpeg-user] Why is length and bitrate zero?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Dec 22 16:26:23 EET 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 20:09:33 +1300, Michael Heuberger wrote:
> Hi Moritz
>
> So, are you saying there is nothing wrong with my command and that it
> must be a smplayer bug?

Exactly. I'm even saying there is most likely nothing wrong with
ffmpeg, just with smplayer.

As you have two parts of the equation - ffmpeg and smplayer (and your
command line as third part) - you will need to exchange either of those
two and see if the result differs. Use something else to create a
Matroska file, or use something else (such as ffprobe, vlc, mediainfo,
mkvinfo) to analyze the file and confirm your observations.

*My* short analysis says: This is a shortcoming in smplayer. But I may
be wrong.

Cheers,
Moritz