[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe for mp3:

James Mead ffmpeg at floehopper.org
Mon Feb 1 13:55:04 CET 2016

On 1 February 2016 at 13:39, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> James Mead <ffmpeg <at> floehopper.org> writes:
>> I want to make the MP3 available on a web page as the source of an
>> HTML5 audio element and for it to be playable in Google Chrome.
>
> There was no encoder change, I don't think we can fix this.

OK. In that case, can you explain a bit more about scenarios in which
the bug is triggered? Given that a number of other tracks from the
same album (with the same artwork and similar ID3 metadata) do not
suffer from the same problem, I feel as if I ought to be able to make
small changes to the MP3 and/or its ID3 tag to avoid the problem.
however, at the moment, I don't have enough understanding of the
nature of the bug to work out what changes to make. I've tried looking
at the commit which fixes the problem, but I don't understand the code
well enough.

Thanks, James.