[FFmpeg-user] Using latest NDK and ffmpeg version results in very slow video processing on android

Srikanth Kommineni srikanth0569 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:19:07 CET 2016

The older script it not setting the CPU option and seems to be compiling
fine but when I tried to remove the cpu option in the newer script and its
failing with

ffmpeg-android-master/toolchain-android/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc is
unable to create an executable file.

C compiler test failed.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 01, 2016 04:03:53 PM Srikanth Kommineni wrote:
> >     CPU='cortex-a8'
>
> It looks like the newer script might be building for a rather old arm cpu.
> If
> that is the case the instruction set is probably a limited 32 bit
> instruction
> set and only uses a single core. More than likely the device you are
> running
> this on is quite a bit more powerful.
>
> Not sure which arm cpu the older script was building for. Unless it is set
> elsewhere in the environment or in a separate script, it probably just
> built
> whatever the default is for the SDK.
>
> -Reuben

Srikanth Kommineni