[FFmpeg-user] Using latest NDK and ffmpeg version results in very slow video processing on android

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 2 20:02:51 CET 2016

Srikanth Kommineni <srikanth0569 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > NDK using the guarding project for android, the result is
> > > now a 15 seconds video consistently takes about 1 minute
> > > 30 seconds to process.
> >
> > How can I reproduce this?
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > *The following is my original build script *
> >
> > Unfortunately, build scripts are not supported here:
> > Please test with sane configure commands, if
> > possible identical ones
> >

> Testing with same configure commands stills results in
> slower processing speeds.

Please provide the used configure command.

> Does that mean the latest just takes more time to process ?

You will have to answer above question:
How can I reproduce the regression?

FFmpeg of course should never get slower, only faster.
In the past, some so-called "cleanups" made FFmpeg
slower for no gain, but this was by a much smaller
amount than what you reported.

Carl Eugen