[FFmpeg-user] Broken video after converting audio

Thomas Brischle thomasbrischle at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 21:22:52 CET 2016

Hello,

I use the following batch to convert the DTS Audio track to AAC within a mkv container:
 Code: Select all[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fffmpeg.gusari.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D11%26t%3D2654%26p%3D7935%23]for /r . %%F IN (*.mkv) do (
echo * %%~nF.mkv
echo.
       ffmpeg -v quiet -i %%~nF.mkv -c:a pcm_s16le -f wav - | neroAacEnc -if - -ignorelength -of %%~nF.aac

echo.
echo * Merging new AAC audio into MKV
       ffmpeg -v quiet -i %%~nF.mkv -i %%~nF.aac -c:v copy -c:a aac -map 0:v:0 -acodec copy -map 1:a:0 %%~nF.AAC.mkv
echo.
echo * Removing temporary file
       del %%~nF.aac
                            )
echo.
echo * All Finished
:exit
pause

However, everything works except after merging the AAC track to the mkv-file, the video is broken. I can play it(sound + video works) but I can not choose chapters, or move to a specific part of the movie, if I do so(choose chapter or move slider) it allways starts from the beginning....

Can someone help me with this?

greets an thanks,
Thomas