[FFmpeg-user] teletext.dat

william Gunnells gunnells at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 03:15:04 CET 2016

Hello Carl Eugen

I have read the teletext.dat file byte by byte and the data doesn't make
sense. It should read similar to an srt file.

import binascii

with open('teletext.dat', 'rb') as f:
        byte=f.read(1)
        while byte:
                byte=f.read(1)
#               print byte
                blah=binascii.hexlify(byte)
                #print blah
                text=blah.decode('ascii')
                print text

prints out mostly FF FF etc... nothing that can be derived into an English
Sentence. Any thoughts?