[FFmpeg-user] how to concate two wmv files ?

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:48:13 CET 2016

> On 2016 Feb 15, at 7:49 AM, Bob <bobnlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday 15 February 2016 01:58 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Bob <bobnlinux <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Can any one suggest me a good approach along with
>>> ffmpeg command line ?
>> What did you try?
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>>

> Hello Carl,
>
> I like to
>
> 1. concatenate the two .wmv (with ffmpeg)
> 2. convert the resultant .wmv to .mp4 or .mpg without losing quality (with ffmpeg)
> 3. remove some portion with the help of handbrake utility
> 4. convert the .mp4/.mpg tp flv (with ffmpeg)
> 5. upload to vimeo

Generally you can get more help here if you provide a command with its output when you attempt to do something.

These may help guide you in devising a command to concatenate your videos:

https://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#How-can-I-concatenate-video-files
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

You may wish to clip it in the same command and save directly as an flv, rather than having two lossy transcodes.