[FFmpeg-user] [Fedora] Installing from source

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 19 07:47:29 CET 2016

Am 19.02.2016 um 04:19 schrieb matt clark:
>> f you don't know enough about configuring (its not a big deal, I don't
>> know much also) it means, you don't really need to compile nor build
>> something from sources (otherwise you'd be an expert already). Its boring
>> and many times pretty painful process. Just use the static daily builds,
> do
>> not build it yourself.
>
> I normally use repos but I needed an up to date ffmpeg, and my linux server
> uses EOL Fedora 21

well, F23 has 2.8.x and recent x264

first do your homework and upgrade that server, we are running
production on Fedora and using F21 in 2016 is *irresponsible* and
reckless (not only for your users, for the rest of the world when your
crap machine is owned and as part of a botnet used for attacks to other
servers)

after https://www.google.com/search?q=CVE-2015-7547 was released this
week there is no longer any excuse