[FFmpeg-user] Batch transcode and rename

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 06:44:48 CET 2016

On Windows you can create a batch file called, say, convert.bat that contains something like:

@echo off

for %%I in (%1) do (
    : Rename filename.ext to filename.org.ext
    ren %%I ^"%%~nI.org%%~xI^"
    : Encode filename.org.ext to filename.ext (illustrative basic command line only)
    ffmpeg -i ^"%%~dpnI.org%%~xI^" -c:v prores -c:a copy %%I
)

You could process multiple input files with one command, e.g.

    convert *.mov