[FFmpeg-user] null video sink

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:25:31 CET 2016

On 12/29/15, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
> Le nonidi 9 nivôse, an CCXXIV, Roger Pack a écrit :
>> Could anyone be kind enough to show me how to use this in a filtergraph?
>> When I try to, it seems to still output and encode:
>
>> Stream mapping:
>>   Stream #0:0 (h264) -> scale (graph 0)
>>   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
>>   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (aac (native) -> aac (libvo_aacenc))
>
> You can see the graph is not connected to any output. On the other hand,
> ffmpeg still decides to apply de the default mapping: input -> output, to
> the streams.

Dang, I had hoped there would be a way to somehow "not have any
streams to passed out to the encoder" but apparently not yet possible.
Anyway the closest I've found is the "null" container + rawvideo, I
have also (with Lou's help) added a wiki page describing how to use
null a bit more, for followers.
Cheers!
-roger-
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Null