[FFmpeg-user] Error: [AVFilterGraph @ 0xabe1cc0] No such filter: 'ass'

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Jan 11 22:35:34 CET 2016

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 18:19:41 -0800 (PST)
jun <jun.saturay at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also just discovered that if i run the same command with
> "subtitle=subtitle.srt" instead, I also get the error message
>
> [AVFilterGraph @ 0xa431640] No such filter: 'subtitle'
> Error opening filters!
>
> Rally at a loss now as I need to do some subtitle embedding asap...

Your ffmpeg configure line is blank. From subtitle filter documentation:

  "To enable compilation of this filter you need to configure FFmpeg
  with --enable-libass."

See:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#subtitles

The ass filter also depends on libass.

Please do not send multiples of the same question to the mailing list.

I CCd you since you are not subscribed. There may be other replies.
Check the archives:
https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/