[FFmpeg-user] Low latency H.264 streaming with ffmpeg

Greger Burman gb at moroco.se
Wed Jan 13 11:03:23 CET 2016

Ok, so the ffmpeg based player is buffering frames somewhere even though
I'm telling it not to. This happens with h264 video but not with mjpeg.
That suggests to me that the latency is caused by either the h264 decoder
or the mpegts demuxer. I have also tried m4v instead of mpegts, with about
the same result.

Anyone who knows enough about the h264 decoding process to confirm/deny?
Is there a way to affect this behaviour without diving deep into the code?

cheers
//Greger