[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg running forever to process a corrupted file with filter_complex while concealing bitstream errors

by them by_them at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 19:06:19 CET 2016

Hello
I have a problem with processing a corrupted file. The problem is that FFMPEG does not throw error nor end processing the task. The result is that FFMPEG is running trying to process but nothing happens until I press ctrl+c (using centos).
What I need to achieve is convert a file with an overlay image. It seems that the problem occurs when using -filter_complex.
What happens is that FFMPEG starts it's work and does it well until reaching the corrupted position of the input file. Then the following is being shown:
[dvvideo @ 0x3e5ff00] AC EOB marker is absent pos=670:20.26 bitrate=2438.2kbits/s speed=0.852x    [dvvideo @ 0x3e5ff00] Concealing bitstream errorsInput stream #0:2 frame changed from size:720x576 fmt:yuv420p to size:720x480 fmt:yuv411pframe=  486 fps= 16 q=27.0 size=    6045kB time=00:00:20.41 bitrate=2425.6kbits/s speed=0.673x
And this is how far it gets. As the speed parameter is constantly changing along with fps then it seems that FFMPEG is doing something but it keeps going on forever (with speed and fps continuously slowing down with decreasing rate).
The command I run is like that:ffmpeg -y -i trouble.mov -i overlay.png -filter_complex "overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10" -codec:a libfdk_aac -b:a 128k -codec:v libx264 -movflags faststart -f mp4 -b:v 2000k "output.mp4"

Do you know how to overcome the problem? Or at least make it so that the processing would be cancelled after some time? I need the FFMPEG to stop processing if it actually can't get anywhere. But it just keeps working forever and the only thing that helps is ctrl+c.
The link to the example file is here: http://dragees.ee/trouble.mov

Thank you in advanceMike