[FFmpeg-user] zimg colorspace yuv -> rgb possible?

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:50:55 CET 2016

Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 15:43:45 +0000, Andy Furniss wrote:
>> Is it possible via ffmpeg with libzimg to convert yuv -> rgb or is
>>  zscale just for scaling and the Colorspace bits not
>> implemented/need some different filter?
>
> From looking at the code, it seems to be implemented. (I don't use
> zimg.) I have no idea how libzimg handles interlaced...
>
> Have you tried? Or are you considering whether to integrate libzimg
> into your build?

Well I got as far as building with the lib doing

ffmpeg -h full | grep zscale -A 100 plus looking at the web help but
though I can see plenty of options for colorspace "stuff" I couldn't
really see anything that specified I wanted yuv -> rgb or how to specify
interlaced.

The github readme does specifically mention yuv -> rgb and the
doc/ecamples folder mentiones interlaced.

I did a quick ffmpeg -loglevel debug -i yuv -vf zscale out.png in case
ffmpeg would automagically use it for the transform but it doesn't.

Maybe there is some way - or maybe not, I thought I would ask before
doing my usual ffmpeg game of trying many many options/variants  in the
hope that eventually something will work :-)