[FFmpeg-user] zimg colorspace yuv -> rgb possible?

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:57:29 CET 2016

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Another observation - if I grab (xwd) a frame produced
>> by mplayer + ilpack then it looks better than the both
>> the interlaced in my screenshot - it's as good as the
>> best looking (progressive + flags) one without the
>> chroma field bleed of course.
>>
>> mplayer -vf ilpack,scale -noaspect -vo gl ~/snooker-short.ts
>
> MPlayer supports -vo png (and similar), please provide
> command lines that allow to reproduce this without using
> xwd or such, only MPlayer and FFmpeg and a source file.

To get the same frame I have posted so far I need to do -

mplayer -ss 11.2 -frames 3 -demuxer lavf -noaspect -vf ilpack,scale -vo
png ~/snooker-short.ts

Without -demuxer lavf the ss hits EOF.

If I try changing 11.2 to 11.3 the resulting pngs are corrupt.

The png that matches previous tests is the third one.

The result is still that ilpack is better than ffmpeg although swscale
to make the png is not as good as gl. Given previous tests I think it
would be as good as gl if I could specify flags.

See pic for console output! Shows ilpack produces no horizontal
banding/chroma line reordering.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP5-S1t9VEEYzVYcjZmVU5wRVU/view?usp=sharing