[FFmpeg-user] Get rtsp stream on max speed

Ганьков Андрей gav at qsolution.ru
Fri Jul 22 12:22:24 EEST 2016

Hello all

I try get video from archive of dahua video recorder. I found that i can
get video through RTSP protocol, like
rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.129:554/cam/playback?channel=1&starttime=2016_07_21_23_20_00&endtime=2016_07_21_23_59_00

I can play video from archive in VLC, but i want save video to file. I
use ffmpeg for this. I get video by next command:

ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i
"rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.129:554/cam/playback?channel=1&starttime=2016_07_21_23_20_00&endtime=2016_07_21_23_59_00"
-c copy -map 0 video.mp4

And it works. But i getting video stream in real time. if i want get 1
hour, i need downloading video around 1 hour. Why i can't get video more
fast? This is not real time stream. This is stream already recorded on
HDD. Potentially i can get video more fast.

Is it impossible get video stream in no real time? Or can i setup ffmpeg
to get stream more fast?