[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg upgrading

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:05:31 CEST 2016

> I’ve been trying unsuccessfully trying to upgrade to the current version.
> I have followed any /all instructions I could find but to no avail and  I
> really need it updated so one of my sites will work properly . Please can
> some one help. Version and codecs installed are below.

​If you installed ffmpeg using your distributions' tools (things like
aptitude/dpkg or rpm, etc.) you can use that.
If you installed ffmpeg "by hand", simply replace the binaries; as far as I
know there is no "installation" process. If you're a simple user on a
system, you can also just drop ffmpeg's binaries in your path (~/bin is a
good place for that).

More details on what was unsuccessful on your end might help to provide a
more detailed answer.